L’ONG des droits de l’homme Human Rights Watch vient de publier un rapport sur des massacres qu’auraient commis les rebelles ougandais de l’Armée de résistance du Seigneur (LRA) dans la Province Orientale, au Nord-est de la République démocratique du Congo (RDC), entre le 14 et 17 décembre 2009. Selon Human Rights Watch, la LRA a tué au […]
Human Rights Watch published on Sunday a report on massacres it says were committed by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) in Oriental Province, in the Northeast of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), between December 14th and 17th of 2009.
The FDLR is one of the most brutal rebel force that Africa has ever known. They have been branded as terrorists by the United Nations, the European Union, and the United States.
Four days after Congo Government spokesman Lambert Mende lambasted Human Rights Watch about what he called “exaggerated” allegations on the situation in eastern Congo and the Congolese Armed Forces (FARDC) military operation (Kimia II) against the Rwandan Hutu militia FDLR, the NGO responded with new allegations against the FARDC and their Rwandan Defense Force (RDF) allies in another operation (Umoja Wetu) earlier this year against the FDLR.
During a press conference on Thursday in Kinshasa, Government spokesman Lambert Mende blasted what he called an “avalanche of corrosive reports being poured lately” by NGOs about the situation in eastern Congo.
In an interview on Top Congo FM on Thursday, Government spokesman Lambert Mende said, in response to the latest Human Rights Watch report on the Democratic Republic of Congo, that the NGO risks loosing all its credibility by issuing sensational reports on the situation in the DRC to make headlines.
Four members of the government held a press conference on Wednesday to respond to the latest Human Rights Watch report on the Democratic Republic of Congo. The government spokesperson, Lambert Mende, challenged the rights group to provide proof of its allegations. He asked Human Rights Watch to list the names of political opponents who were allegedly killed by government agents in the last two years since the election of President Joseph Kabila.
As if more evidence was needed to prove that Laurent Nkunda is a war criminal, this week we had more reports that civilians had been targeted for summary executions after Laurent Nkunda’s rebels attacked and occupied the town of Kiwanja in North Kivu province.